Lennart Meri Tallinn Airport (TLL)
History, Facts and Overview
Construction of Tallinn Airport began in the early 1930s and was finally completed several years later, officially opening in 1936. Following the end of WWII, Tallinn Airport was used solely by Aeroflot, and several significant improvements were made over the years to come, particularly when jet planes began using the airport in the 1960s.
The 1970s saw a major extension of the runway and the addition of a new terminal, with modern passenger facilities. By 1990, other foreign airlines began using Tallinn Ulemiste Airport and at the turn of the new millennium, the terminal building had been thoroughly updated.
Facilities at Tallinn Ulemiste Airport (TLL) include currency exchange, Internet access, travel agencies and an information desk within the Departures Hall, offering general tourist information about Tallinn.
Food can be purchased at the R-Kiosk in Arrivals, or alternatively there is a snack bar and a cocktail bar in the transit area. Business travellers can use the airport's business lounge, with office equipment, refreshments and snacks available.